Sunday 21 December 2014

Shutout strategy (by nyanko)

I felt many European shogi players are offensive in shogi.
Therefore, I write about shutout strategy, which is a some advanced way for winning the game.
I think if you come to be able to implement shutout, your shogi level will make remarkably progress.
Shutout game is achieved by defending comprehensively and capturing opponent piece.

As an example, A game which I played with a player who joined International Shogi Forum in Shizuoka is introduced.
(nyanko play at lower left in this picture)


Opening strategy of this game is Fourth File Rook VS quick attack.
In this picture, the last move is 5f-N, aiming 4h and 6h, good move.
If I make a mistake in defense, my mino-castle will be demolished soon. I felt I was a little worse positon.
From this position, I began to defend intently.


I played +R7f. Then, +L4h, +R6f, +L5i, Gx5i, P*7g, R+5f, Px7h+, Px1e, R+8i, S*4h (next picture).
S*4h made my castle solid, so I managed to prevent my castle from being demolished.


Furthermore I defended comprehensively, therefore I successed in shutout oponent's attack(next picture).
Opponent Piece in hand and efficient attack exhausted.


Defense is nessesery for being very careful.
I think the hang for shutout is thinking the next attack of opponent and preventing it, and put your piece in own camp.

From this position, I mated.
Can you find?

*I'm very sorry, a severe mistake was taken in the position which I posted at first(P6e).
I made a modification.(24/12/2014)


No comments:

Post a Comment