Wednesday 24 December 2014

Move for both attack and defense (by nyanko)

Merry Christmas!
How do you spend your Christmas?

In Japan, there are many Christmas lights in town, many people have a cake, many couples go on a date.
(This picture is taken in my town.)


Move for both attack and defense is important, because it's very effective.
To play better, it's nessercery to be able to this move.
Move for both attack and defense is often done by rook or bishop.

The following picture is my game (This picture is created by using software "Kifu for Windows" made by Y. Kakinoki).
I was bad position, because N5g is very severe for me.
In this position, what move do you do?
I moved for attack and defense, in order to persist.



I moved B*8d(in fact, B*2f because I was gote).
This move aims both B5a+(attack) and Bx5g(defense).
If the opponent will defense for B5a+, for example S*5b, I will Bx5g, then, R+6i, N*6d. Therefore my castle will become safe.
After B*8d, the real game developed as Nx4i+, B5a+, K3b, B+4a, K3c, Gx4i, Gx4i.(picture below).

From the position in the following picture, I mated.
Can you find?
The first move is important.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment!
    I also thought +Bx8c at first in play, but I considered it couldn't mate in the case +Bx8c, Kx8c, +Rx8a, K7c. Afterthat, if I would move N*8e, K6b, G7b, K6b, and if G7b, K6d, N*7f, K7e, +R8d, K6f.

    Therefore, in this position I moved N*8e to prohibit K7c later.
    Afterthat, the real game developed K8d, +Bx8c, Kx8c, +Rx8a, N8b(can't K7c because N8e), L*8d, Kx8d, +R8b, L*8c, N*7f, K7e, G6e, K8e, +Rx8c(mated).

    ReplyDelete