Thursday 3 August 2017

4th game of Kitaurawa shogi salon tournament

Some shogi players might like Ranging Rook, but not like Double Ranging Rook.
I recommend the strategy that changing formation from Ranging Rook to Static Rook as soon as the opponent forms ranging Rook as shown in figure. 1.
I adopted the strategy at 4th game of the tournament.

figure. 1

I think castling King in Anaguma is strong strategy like as figure. 2.

figure. 2

The opponent started to attack in figure. 3.

figure. 3

In this position, P-55, Sx55, Px45, P-65, P*54 (figure. 4, I show the number on board), is a technique of defence.


figure. 4

And I aimed for attacking 4th file by Rook like as figure. 5.

figure. 5

Figure. 6 is the position of endgame. What do you move in this position?
The key point is speed calculation.

 
figure. 6


Lx48+ at figure. 6 is not good attack, it's because the opponent's castle become solid by Sx48 next.
So P*56 is strong candidate of next move.
However, meanwhile, the opponent's attack by Tokin is strict.
Then, it is important to read how many moves does it takes until mate of both your King and the opponent's King at endgame.
I read that it takes 4 attack moves to mate the opponent's King with starting from P*56, and Px57+, +Px48, B*39.
Meanwhile, it takes also 4 attack moves to mate my King with starting from +P-53, and +Px42, +P31, +P21.
And the position of figure. 6 was my turn, so I judged my attack was faster than opponent's attack and moved P*56 in actual (figure. 7).
If not, I had to defend the opponent's attack.

figure. 7

The game proceeded with Bx42+, Kx42, Gx42, P-43+, Px57+, +Px42 (figure. 8).


figure. 8
 
In the position of figure. 8, my castle is so-called "Z", it means "not mated absolutely."
So I could concentrated on attacking, without worrying about my King. This is merit of Anaguma.
 
I moved B*39 (figure. 9), this is a decisive movement (if the opponent takes Bishop by King or Gold, it mates) and I won.
 
figure. 9
 

The full kifu is following.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment