Saturday 3 January 2015

Turn the bad game around, induce opponent's mistake (by nyanko)

In shogi game, when you are in bad position, there are some trick.
In order to turn the bad game around, it is often said that, it's important to keep your castle solid and make the opponent's castle not solid, or keep it possible for the opponent's king to be checked.
It gives pressure to the opponent, therefore occasionally induce the opponent's mistake and succeed in turnover.
Here, I introduce the game which I turned the bad game around.

Fig. 1 is the endgame position (the end move is S*6g), available time is 30 sec per move.


(Fig. 1)

In this position, my castle is thin and the opponent's Mino-castle is very solid, so I felt quite bad and difficult to win this game.
If the Bishop would escape (like Bx3d), my castle will attacked one-sidely and the chance of winning will vanish completely.
In the position Fig. 1, I moved Lx8c+ to make the opponent's king easy to be checked for turnover.
The game developed as Sx8c, Bx8c+, Kx8c, S*8d (Fig. 2).


(Fig. 2)

S*8d is tactical move.
If the opponent would move Kx8d, it will develop as R*8b, L*8c, +B6f, K-7d, +B7e (mate).
After S*8d, the real game developed as, K-7b, S*8c, K-6b, R*8b, L*7b, P*5c, Gx5c (Fig. 3).
S*8d and S*8c is for the purpose of making around 8 file solid rather than attacking, because it is expected my king will escape to around there.
I moved so as not to make my castle easy to mated and waited the chance of turnover.
In fact, the opponent's move Gx5c is not good and shorten the lead of position.
In Fig. 3, which move do you do?


(Fig. 3)

In Fig. 3, it is seemed that my king is in danger.
However, I calculated my king won't be mated, so I moved Rx8a+, which has a purpose later.
It is important to judge by calculating concretely, not only through seemingly.
After Rx8a+, the real game developed as, B*7i, K-7g, Sx7h+, K-8f, +R-4e (Fig. 4).

The opponent's move +R-4e is seemingly normal move which aims mating my king, but in fact this is also mistake, furthermore losing move.
I succeeded in inducing opponent's mistake, then won from the position in Fig. 4.

Q: Can you find how to win in this position (Fig. 4)?


(Fig. 4)

Hint: I mated the opponent's king. The purpose of former move +R8a is mating.

No comments:

Post a Comment