Saturday 1 October 2016

ESC/WOSC Diary (5)

In 7th game, I played with another Chinese player.
This is the most impressive game for me in this WOSC.
Figure. 1 is the position of middlegame.


figure. 1

I had a little confidence in figure. 1, but the opponent's respond, Px3h+, Bx4c+, B*3c, was good. I lost confidence because if I tool the Rook by +Bx3d, the opponent would move Sx3d, R-4f, P*4e, and my Rook would taken by Pawn.



figure. 2

Then I moved R-4f (figure. 3). After that, the game proceeded as Sx4f, +Bx3d, +Px4g, R-3b, G-7a, +Rx3c, R-3h, +Bx3e, Sx3e. I was able to go for mutual attack without losing materials.

figure.3
 
Figure. 4 is the position of endgame. The opponent's attack P-7g was very severe (I couldn't take this by Knight because +P-6h was so strict) and I couldn't attack the opponent's King effectively by only Knight, so I thought I was in a bad position.


figure. 4

Then I tried to survive at figure. 4, by Sx8f-7g, Nx7g+, Gx6g-7g, N*8e, Bx9e+ (figure. 5).
After figure. 5, I pulled the Promoted Bishop to my castle and defended earnestly.
At last, I was able to come from behind to win by sudden death.

figure. 5

In 8th game, I played with Japanese player. As a result, he won the first prize.

Figure. 6 is the position of middlegame, this is one joseki of Fujii System.
However, at postgame analysis, the opponent said that this formation is said to be a little bad and is not played among professional players now. I was surprised at the amount of his study.
figure. 6

Figure. 7 is the position of begginig of endgame. 
I attacked by Bx5c+, Rx5c, G*4c, but this attack was thin. The opponent defended through and I was defeated.
The post analysis was held by some players, and we consulted I should moved Sx3e calmly at figure. 7.


figure. 7

In 9th game, I played with Ukrainian player.
I was failed at opening and was bad position. Though I resisted, I was defeated.
He is Grand Master player of chess, so be strong at endgame.

After all games, Awards ceremony was held.
I couldn't get any prize unfortunately, but I enjoyed playing with various national players.

At last, the group photo was taken and we interacted before dissolution.

ESC/WOSC is very enjoyable event, so I would like to participate again someday and see friends again.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment